Who doesn’t want more energy, maybe toddlers, or puppies but for the rest of us, I just thought this topic might be of interest for more than myself! So I’ll get right to it! I found some resources online that listed the following five foods as some of the highest energy snacks you can have and the best bit is that they’re not expensive and easy to get your hand on!
1) Bananas are thought to be the best snack for sustained energy. As a great natural source of nutrients and sugar, they’re also rich in fibers that help slow its digestion down.
2) Avocados are rich in nutrients, protein and fibre helping sustain your energy levels. They also contain good fats to help increase energy levels and make fat-soluble nutrients more readily available in the body too.
3) Apples are another great snack for lasting energy. Why? Because they’re high in antioxidants, fibre and nutrients.
4) Strawberries are in season at the moment and contain vit C, folate, antioxidants and minerals! I struggle not to pop them in the trolley when they’re on offer at the end of most aisles at the moment!
5) Oranges are great for their vitamin C, which is well known for helping to reduce oxidative stress in the body and prevent fatigue.
What are your favourite energy foods? Comment below to share your recommendations with us!