We did a challenge in our community group on facebook recently about the benefits of drinking water and one of our realisations together was the amount of amazing benefits available from simply drinking the recommended daily amount of 8 glasses of water! I found the following info from the NHS and good food websites…
Water makes up two thirds of our body. It prevents UTI’s, headaches, constipation, dizziness, confusion, kidney stones and more. Here are a few benefits…
1) Research has shown that staying hydrated improves memory and mood!
2) Helps reduce sugar cravings and weight maintenance! (During our hydrate challenge in June, most participants lost weight over just 5 days!!)
3) May improve exercise performance, lots of research has concluded that dehydration affects both sports performance and physiological function.
4) Lack of water can increase risk of headaches
5) It keep your digestive system running smoothly and helps prevent constipation
6)Helps with hangovers
7) Can help to improve mood, and therefore anxiety!
To receive these benefits, the challenge is to drink 8 glasses of water! Nice and simple! The NHS recommended amount is 6-8 glasses per day but should you have a health reason that hinders you from drinking a certain amount of water, please use your discretion and common sense.
If you’d like to be included in our facebook group community where we do challenges like this and others to feel and look better, click this link to join us
P.s. check out this water bottle, one of our challengers keeps it in her kitchen and uses it to stay on track with drinking 2 litres throughout every Day!