Sleep! Why do we need it and 5 tips to get more of it! Our bodies need sleep to rejuvenate, grow muscle, repair tissue and more! Good sleep improves concentration, productivity, a more positive frame of mind and also impacts emotions and social interactions!!
Sleep deprivation on the other end of the scale, affects the immune system and alters hormone levels in the body. Lack of sleep is linked to weight gain and good sleepers tend to eat fewer calories according to healthline website!
5 tips to get more of it!
1) Going to sleep at the same time each night and getting up at the same time each morning helps with your quality of sleep when you put your head on the pillow.
2) Stay away from caffeine and alcohol late in the day
3) Get regular exercise but not within 3 hours of bedtime
4) Try not to spend time on your phone or computer jut before bed, because the blue light suppresses your natural production of melatonin – the hormone you need to feel sleepy.
5) Make your bedroom comfortable and relaxing, sometimes even a tidy room provides a more relaxing environment to go to sleep in when home improvements aren’t an option.
6) Bonus tip, ask me about a Garcinia Plus supplement I use which is packed with serotonin rich ingredients and contains chromium which is used for the natural balance of blood glucose levels. They’re more typically used in our weight management programs but I found out by accident when a customer gave a fab review on them that they are also fab for helping you get over to sleep!!
P.s. Please speak to your doctor if not sleeping is an ongoing problem so they can check your overall health.
If you like topics like this, you might enjoy being part of our online Facebook Group Community where our mission is to help people look and feel better!
Join our Facebook Community & stay in touch!